The cement industry has a pioneering development over recent years in India. The new innovation in construction and building work has made such an amazing development in this field. It has also made to grow cement industry as a profitable one. India ranks second in the list of cement production among the world. The cement has a key role in the infrastructure construction and is very prominent industry of our country. Here we intend to craft the list of top 10 brands of cement in India.
LIST OF TOP 10 CEMENTS BRAND IN INDIA:
Ultra Tech Cement – The Engineer’s Choice:
The largest exporter of cement from our country is Ultra Tech Cement. It is amongst the world’s top cement manufacturers. This brand provides cement with high quality standard. This company is also a largest exporter of clinker in India. The Aditya Birla group was the one responsible for this cement manufacturing. They officially started manufacturing cement under the brand name of Ultra Tech. It is one of the reputed brands of cement of our country. They produce all types of cements for the industry.
• The company was established in 1983.
• The company was headquartered at Mumbai, Maharashtra, India.
• Currently the key people include K. K. Maheshwari, who is the director of Ultra Tech Cement.
• The best price range per bag for this cement is 275- 300.
• The installed capacity covers an average capacity of about 93 Million Tonnes Per Annum (MTPA) of grey cement.
• The average employee’s working under this sector include more than 10,000
• The turnover is around 5,000 to 10,000 crores.
This company is mainly noted for its trust. This is well known for its efficient and environment friendly company in the global cement industry. This is one of the rapidly growing industries in India. This company produces a range of cement under a wide variety of brand names.
• This cement industry was established in 1970.
• The Shree cement is earlier headquartered at Bangur Nagar at Ajmer, Rajasthan, India and now at Kolkata, India.
• The key people includes i. Benu Gopal Bangur (Executive Chairman)
ii. Hari Mohan Bangur (Managing Director)
iii. Subash Jajoo (C. F. O)
iv. R. L. Gaggar (Director)
v. Shreekant Somany (Director)
vi. Y. K. Alagh (Director)
vii. Abid Hussain (Director)
viii. Nitin Desai (Director)
• The best price range per bag is about 220- 265.
• The total turnover is about 9,833 crores.
• A wholesome of about 5,000 to 10,000 people is working under this sector.
• The cement production capacity is about 34.9 Million Tonnes Per Annum (MTPA).
This sounds the giant industry in the cement manufacturing over 30 years. It is also the trusted brands in our country. The former name of this industry is Gujarat Ambuja Cement Limited. This company is a part of global conglomerate Lafarge Holcim. This company plays a major role in the cement production.
• This cement industry was established in 1983.
• The Ambuja Cements was headquartered at Mumbai, India.
• The cement production capacity was around 29.65 Million Tonnes Per Annum (MTPA).
• It owns a total of about 5 integrated cement manufacturing plants and 8 cement grinding units across the country.
• The key people include i. Suresh Kumar Neotia, Founder & Chairman.
ii. Narotam Sekhsaria, Co- Founder & Chairman.
iii. Ajay Kapur, Managing Director & CEO.
• The number of employees under this sector includes a total of about 5,530 employees.
• The annual turnover is about 10,446 crores.
• The best price range per bag is 210- 240.
The full form of ACC Limited is Associate Cement Companies Limited. This brand has the special award in the record of innovative research and product development. The cement is available as a ready mixed concrete from this brand. This company is one of the largest cement manufacturers in India. It also provides specialized consultancy services.
• The ACC Limited was established in the year 1936.
• The headquarters of this company is situated at Mumbai, Maharashtra, India.
• The total number of employee includes about 11,000 people.
• The net income includes about 10.95 billion.
• The key people are i. N. S. Sekhsaria (Chairman)
ii. Neeraj Akhoury (Managing Director & CEO)
• The total units are 12 manufacturing units which is spread all over the major states of the country.
• The best price range per bag is 200- 215.
The Binani cement is the country’s reputed brand of the cement company. It is the flagship company of the Braj Binani group. The company’s basic production is Ordinary Portland Cement (OPC) and Portland Pozzolana Cement (PPC) under Binani brand. It also tastes premium status with a significant market share. It is primarily engaged with the production and sales of clinker based cement.
• The company was established in 1996.
• The headquarters of this company is at Mumbai, India.
• The income is about 18,722 million.
• The total number of employees under this sector is about 10,000.
• The key person of this company is Vinod Juneja who is currently acting as a managing director.
• The best price range per bag is 280- 300.
The flagship of this company is the Ramco grade. It is one of the most trusted cement brands in India. This company ranks fifth in the production of cement among our country. The major products of this company include ordinary portland cement (OPC), ready mix concrete, and dry mortars. The total capacity of installed windmill is 159.185 MW with 229 individual units.
• The company was established in the year 1957.
• The headquarters was situated at Chennai, Tamilnadu.
• The founder of this company was P. A. C. Ramasamy Raja.
• The key persons are Venkatarama Raju (MD) and A. V. Dharmakrishnan (CEO).
• The revenue includes a total of 4,406 crores.
• The best price range per bag is 270- 310.
The cement name of this company is Dalmia Bharat Cement. OCL is its flagship company. It is one of the popular companies for producing the most prestigious brand named ‘Konark’. This company produces the high range of cements with high quality and high volume stability.
• The cement company was officially established in 1932.
• The company was headquartered at Rajganpur (Odisha), India.
• The total number of employee’s includes about 5000.
• This company was the achievement of farsighted vision of Sjt. Jaidayalji Dalmia.
• This company is the official manufacturer of super grade cement for use in the construction of Hirakud dam.
• The best price range per bag is 200- 270.
The Birla Corporation Limited is an Indian- based flagship company. It comes from the flagship of the M. P. Birla group of companies. It owns the ISO 9001: 2000 certification. It covers almost the entire range of cement production and marketing. This company has a total of seven plants across the country.
• The Birla Corporation Limited was established in the year 1910. Hence it is 108 years ago.
• The founders of this company are Madhav Prasad Birla, Shri Ghansyam Das Birla.
• The headquarters of this company was located at Kolkata, West Bengal, India.
• The key person of this company is currently Harsh Vardhan Lodha.
• The annual revenue includes a wholesome of 3,723 crores.
• The best price range per bag is 600- 800.
J. K. Cement:
This company exclusively produces cement as well as cement based products. It ranks second in the manufacturing of white cement and wall putty in India. The annual production capacity of this company is 6, 00, 000 tons and 7, 00, 000 tons respectively. In addition, it also manufactures all range of grey cement, white cement, and wall putty. It is the most recognizable brand of cement in our country.
• The company’s establishment is in the year of 1975.
• The founder of this company was Lala Kamlapat Singhania & Lala Juggilal Singhania.
• The J. K. Cements was headquartered at Kanpur, India.
• The key people include Yadupati Singhania (Chairman& MD) and Bharat Hari Singhania (President).
• The annual turnover or revenue was about 35,000 crores.
• The total number of employees was about 50,000.
• The best price range per bag is 270- 310.
It is one of the top 5 cement companies in India. This company owns Indian Premier League (IPL) is the proud owner of Chennai Super Kings. It has a total of seven integrated cement plants around our country. The brands owned this company includes Sankar, Coramandel and Rassi Gold. The head of this company is N. Srinivasan who is the chairman of International Cricket Council.
• The company was founded in the year 1946.
• The headquarters was located at Chennai, Tamilnadu, India.
• The key person includes Srinivasan who is acting as the Managing director.
• The total number of employee’s includes about 50,000.
• The total income of this company was about 5,331 crores.
• The total cement production capacity was about 15.5 Million Tonnes Per Annum (MTPA).
• The best price range per bag is 380- 800.
The top brands of cements in India have been listed here. Apart from the above, there are several industries which manufacture cement in India. They may work under small scale and popular to certain locality.