Do you know how to choose cooling tiles for roof? Is there a set of guidelines for choosing those tiles? What should the value of the solar reflective index be? Are you having trouble answering the questions in your head? You arrived at the correct location. If you are going to acquire cooling tiles, keep the following points in mind. In this articles, we’ll look at the requirements for selecting the ideal cooling tile for your dream home.
How to choose cooling tiles for roof
Is there a specific method for selecting the ideal cooling tile? Yes, first and foremost, you must review the basic specifications and requirements of cooling tiles prior to acquiring your cooling roof tiles.
SRI (Solar Reflective Index) One of the most important features for a cooling roof tile property to tell us how effective this cooling tile performance will be. This refers to the amount of radiation that this coating efficiently reflects. The value ranges from 0 to 100, and the radiation is tested and accredited by the United States Green Building Council. The darker the colour, the more heat it absorbs. The number 100 denotes that the material is lighter and hence reflects more light.
The Orient Bell brand is one of the greatest tile manufacturers, producing nearly 103 SRI radiation reflection ranges that no one else can match. It lowers the temperature within the building by 10 to 20 degrees Celsius.
Specification and Requirements of Cooling Roof Tiles
- It should be between 1.5 and 2 kg in weight. It should be 254 × 254 mm in size (1 feet x 1 feet) Obviously, it aids in the installation process.
- To protect us from rainy days, these sorts of tiles should have a water-resistant character. (For added protection, a concrete floor should be laid beneath the cooling tiles layer.)
- Anti-Skid is one of the most crucial qualities that will protect us from accidents on wet days.
- For improved stability, heat resistance qualities should be present.
- It should have an SRI (Solar Reflective Index) of at least 78.
- It should be able to survive bacterial and fungal infestations on rainy days.
- Nature’s eco-friendliness aids in the reduction of global warming.
- After this tile installation, the need of fans and air conditioner should be reduced.
- It should be resistant to abrasion. Because of the various climatic conditions, it should be able to withstand them well.
- It should have a completely washable surface.
- When compared to other tiles, maintenance should be minimal.
- The maximum amount of water that can be absorbed should not exceed 3%.
- The thickness should be between 15 and 20 mm. The top layer will be a 6-8 mm white material coating, with the remainder being a concrete basis.
- These tiles should be more long-lasting. Better durability equates to a longer life.
- Last but not least, it should be cost effective. It is now one of the most significant factors.
Now, we hope you have a rough understanding of how to select cooling tiles for your roof based on their specifications and requirements before making a purchase. So please study the following stuff carefully and make the best decision for your beloved property. Please leave a remark below if we missed something; it will help us improve our content. And we’ll see you again in a future piece.