Do you know Heat resistance tiles specification for roof tiles? Is it capable of withstanding higher temperatures? What SRI value is necessary for heat resistance tiles? That sounds promising. We’ll go over all of the specifications for heat resistance tiles in-depth in this article.
What is Heat Resistance Tiles
This refers to the material’s capacity to resist and reflect heat to a specific degree. Some specially made heat resistance ceramic material coating is done over the tiles layers in our cooling tiles, which helps us to limit heat dissipation from the rooftop to the room by 5 – 10 mm.
The SRI (Solar Reflective Index), which is a measurement of total heat radiation reflected from the tile surface, is used to assess the coating’s performance. The numbers range from 0 to 100. For improved heat resistance capabilities, the value should be greater than 78.
Materials used for coating
Leading tile producers use a variety of formulations, but we’ll go through some of the essential raw elements that contribute to make the tiles heat resistant. One of the essential raw materials is white cement coating, which helps to lower temperature by 5-8 percent more than standard fire brick roofing.
The presence of metal oxides and sand causes this effect. The use of silica, zinc oxide, titania, and zirconia-based materials aids in the efficient reduction of our room temperature. So, keep in mind that the type of material coating applied to the tiles determines the heat resistance of the cooling tiles.
Do you know Heat resistance tiles specification?
- It is essential to choose whether your cooling tile is ceramic or cement, as this will determine how heat resistant it is.
- The coating substance should be hydrophobic in nature (Not to absorb water into surface)
- Heat resistance varies depending on the thickness of the coating and the thickness of the tiles.
- Its heat resistance improves based on the SRI value (Its better to buy tiles having more than 78 SRI value)
- On wet days, the anti-skid nature comes into play.
- It should lower the cost of maintenance.
- Solar reflectance and thermal emissivity are two metrics that might help you better understand your cooling tiles.
- Provides High dimensional stability
- A better option the cooling tiles’ heat resistance extends their longevity.
- Reduce your electricity usage and bills.
We’ve finally come to a conclusion. Do you know Heat resistance tiles specification? As previously stated, you may acquire a basic understanding of the heat resistant tile specifications. What materials are used for coating and how to choose the best heat resistance (Cooling tiles) for your roof. So, when you go out and buy a tile, keep this in mind so that you may make your ideal home even better. Please let us know if there is anything else we should include in this page, and we will make the necessary updates in the future. Until then, keep an eye out for another intriguing topic.